Cream cheese gives this soup a rich and creamy taste.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 butternut squash peeled & seeded & cubed
- 3-5 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper or 1/2 tsp sweet red pepper spice
- 1 pkg 8oz GF cream cheese, cubed
- In a saucepan, saute onions and squash with butter until onions are soft. Add 3 cups of chicken stock and spices, and bring to a boil. Cover and cook until squash is soft, about 20 minutes.
- Using a food processor (or immersion blender), puree mixture along with cheese until smooth. Return to pan to heat thoroughly. Season with salt to taste. If soup is too thick, add more chicken stock (or milk) until you get the consistency you want.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream in each bowl if desired.