Perfectly frightful (and easy!) meringue treats for Halloween! These meringue cookies are so simple to make, and the kids can help poke the chocolate chip eyes into each ghostly cookie!
|Crispy Marshmallow Ghosts|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
Perfectly frightful meringue treats for Halloween!
- 3 large egg whites
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 16-24 mini or regular GF chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whip eggs whites and cream of tartar for a minute. Add in the sugar after another minute of beating, a tablespoon at a time until all is incorporated, and stiff peaks form.
- Beat in vanilla, then spoon into a pastry bag (with ½ inch tip) or a large zipper lock bag with the tip cut off.
- Pipe meringue onto baking sheets in a wavy ghost-like shape.
- Press chocolate chips into meringue to make eyes, then bake at 200°F for about 1 – 1 ½ hours. If you want slightly soft insides, remove from oven and allow to cool on counter. For completely crunchy cookies, keep in oven (with heat off and door closed) for another hour.