This smoothie is packed with a ton of nutritional value – but the best part is that it tastes fantastic!
When using raw (un-roasted) nuts it is important that they be soaked overnight in salted water. This does two important things – it breaks down and neutralizes the phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors that are contained in the nuts. Both of these can cause upset stomach and poor nutrient absorption if not soaked before consuming.
Once the nuts are soaked, everything can be combined together in a blender and pureed until smooth. Add some almond milk to thin as needed.
|Raspberry-Avocado Smoothie|| |
- ½ cups raw (un-roasted) cashews, soaked
- 1 ½ cups frozen raspberries
- 1 avocado, pitted & chopped
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 Tbsp maple or agave syrup, to taste
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond milk (if needed)
- Soak nuts in 3 cups of water with 2 tsp of salt* for 4-24 hours at room temperature. Rinse and drain well.
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add almond milk if needed to reach your desired consistency.