Instead of a traditional tomato based chili, this one has ground chicken and Swiss chard in a light broth spiced with cumin and chili’s. On a cold night, this is the perfect dinner to warm you up – inside and out!
|White Bean & Chicken Chili|| |
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lbs ground chicken
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp rice flour
- 1 (15oz) can cannelloni or white bean, rinsed and drained
- 2 handfuls white Swiss chard, stems removed, finely chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cup GF chicken stock
- ½ cup cauliflower purée, optional
- 1-2 tsp pesto, optional
- ¼ cup Parmesan, grated, optional
- In a Dutch oven sauté onions and garlic in oil until soft. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add seasonings, spices, and flour and stir for 2 more minutes. Add beans, chard, corn, stock and purée if you like. Simmer uncovered on low for 50 minutes or until reduced by about half and chili is thickened. You can add in a cornstarch mixture (1 Tbsp cornstarch + 1 Tbsp cold water) to help thicken it further if you wish.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper (and pesto if you like).
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with some freshly grated Parmesan.
Try with Cheddar Scallion Bread