Valentine’s Meringue Ice Cream Sandwich
Here is a simple and fun treat to make with the kids. Make the meringue’s into whatever shape you want!
Valentine's Meringue Ice Cream Sandwich
- Pavlova Recipe
- 3 cups GF Ice Cream
- Prepare meringue according to Pavlova directions.
- To make heart shapes, either use a spoon to form the shape or place meringue in a piping bag, onto a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 200°F for 1 hour on middle rack. Turn oven off and let cool in oven (with door slightly ajar). If they start to brown, take out of oven. Cool completely.
- On a cutting board, shape ice cream into similar sized heart shapes, then gently sandwich between 2 crispy meringue hearts (don't press to hard, or they will crack).
- Wrap in waxed paper and freeze for up to a maximum of 4 hours. If they remain in the freezer any longer than 4 hours, the meringue will soften too much and will be difficult to handle.
How do u make the GF ice cream?
You can find gluten free ice cream at your local grocery store. Chapman’s, Ben & Jerry’s, Blue Bunny, Breyers, Haagen-Dazs, and Tofutti (just to name a few) all make gluten free brands of ice cream. These manufactures have stated on their websites that if it is not marked, that flavor is gluten free. Having said that I do have creating an ice cream recipe on my ‘To Do’ list, so stay tuned!