A savory mixture of beans, tomato and bacon are simmered together to create a tasty dish. Serve warm over slices of crusty baguette, and enjoy as an appetizer or as a light lunch.
|Tomato & Bean Crostini|| |
Author: Paul Chippendale
A mixture of beans, tomato and bacon are the base for this flavorful topping.
- 420 g can beans, rinsed & drained (choose whichever beans you like: five bean mix, kidney beans, cannellini beans, borlotti beans)
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 cup GF bacon, chopped
- 1 large can diced tomatoes (flavored or plain)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp GF mustard
- 1 Tbsp GF Worcestershire sauce
- Add oil to pan and cook bacon and onions until onions are golden. Add all other ingredients to pan & simmer covered for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve on toast or baguette slices.