Serve with turkey, or for a new taste, as a spread on a sandwich.
|Spicy Cranberry Chutney|| |
Author: Sheeba Cruz
Serve with turkey, or as a condiment on a sandwich.
- ¼ cup dried apricots, chopped (snip with scissors)
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 cup water
- 3 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon or orange zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice (or a combination of lemon and lime )
- ¼ cup crystallized ginger, snip with scissors
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- In saucepan bring to boil apricots, brown sugar, raisins and water. Reduce to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cranberries, apple, zest and simmer about 10 minutes more. Stir in lemon juice, ginger, red pepper flakes before removing from heat. Mixture should be somewhat thick.
Serving Suggestions: serve chilled over a block of cream cheese with GF crackers, or as a side with turkey, chicken or pork.