Serve with turkey, or for a new taste, as a spread on a sandwich.
Spicy Cranberry Chutney
- 1/4 cup dried apricots chopped (snip with scissors)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup water
- 3 cup fresh or frozen cranberries rinsed
- 1 Granny Smith apple chopped
- 1 tsp lemon or orange zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice or a combination of lemon and lime
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger snip with scissors
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- In saucepan bring to boil apricots, brown sugar, raisins and water. Reduce to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cranberries, apple, zest and simmer about 10 minutes more. Stir in lemon juice, ginger, red pepper flakes before removing from heat. Mixture should be somewhat thick.