Add to any stirfry or Asian dish for a kick of flavor.
Spicy Asian Seasoning
- 3 dried red chilies seeds removed
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Place the whole spices in a heavy bottom pan and dry roast over a moderate heat. Keep the spices moving all the time until they darken.
- Allow the spices to cool and then grind into a powder using a spice/coffee grinder.
- Blend the freshly ground spices with the pre-ground spices, and store in an air tight container until ready to use.
- The curry powder is now ready to use.