Made with coconut oil, coconut milk and cashews, here is a tasty alternative for those who can’t have soy in their diets.
This mayo has such a smooth texture, you wouldn’t even know there are nuts in it. When stored in the fridge it does firm up a bit, but it still has a soft spreadable texture.
Soy-Free Vegan Mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup coconut milk lite or full fat
- 1/3 cup coconut oil* melted
- 1/4 cup cashews raw or roasted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp GF Dijon
- 3 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- In a blender combine, coconut milk, coconut oil, cashews, Dijon and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Blend in vinegar, then drizzle in olive oil while machine is running.
- When stored in the fridge it does firm up a bit, but it still has a soft spreadable texture. Keeps for up to a week.
-Using full fat coconut milk will produce a thicker and creamier mayo.
-Makes about 2 cups