Add chopped black olives to give this recipe a nice salty touch.
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tsp instant yeast
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups white rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 1/2 tsp xanthan or guar gum
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup scallions finely chopped & sautéed
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Mix together the warm water, sugar and yeast. Place this mixture in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Mix together the flour mixture ingredients. With motor running, add eggs, one at a time. Then gradually add the flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time until dough forms a smooth ball.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 2-3 minutes. Lightly oil a sheet of plastic wrap. Place dough in the center of the plastic wrap. Cover completely with plastic and roll dough into an 8-inch log. Cut into 4 even pieces. Roll each piece into an 8-inch circle.
- Filling: Mix the three ingredients together in a bowl. Spoon some of the filling mixture evenly over the surface of the circle leaving a 1/2 inch border all around. Repeat for 3 other pieces.
- Roll each up like a jelly roll, and then flatten again and roll into a 6-inch circle. Place the 4 dough circles on greased baking sheets and let rise for 1 hour in a very warm place.
- Brush with oil on both sides and sprinkle with sesame seeds, and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes, or until internal temperature of loaf reaches between 200°F-208°F, using an instant read thermometer (using a thermometer is the only way to be sure you loaf is fully cooked).