Creamy sauce over sliced potatoes with a crunchy topping of cornflakes.
Salmon & Potato Bake
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 Tbsp GF flour mix
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cheese grated (flavor your choice)
- 14 oz canned salmon drained
- 1 lb potatoes boiled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup GF cornflakes
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and cook for one minute. Add the cream and milk and gently bring to a boil, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and add the mustard, onion and half the cheese and gently fold in the salmon. Avoid mashing it.
- In a greased 3 quart casserole dish, arrange alternative layers of potato slices and the salmon mixture. Sprinkle cornflakes over the top, followed by the remaining cheese and paprika.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until nicely golden brown on top.