Brussels sprouts, a tough sell I know. Even to most adults its hard to get them to put a few ‘balls’ on their plate. So…change the shape (it really does taste better), then roast them (put away that pot of boiling water), and make a dip!
What kid, me included, doesn’t love to dip. Aioli, made with mayonnaise, garlic and lemons, pairs perfectly with the Brussels sprouts to tame their strong flavour. If I’ve inspired you enough, try these Roasted Brussels Sprouts Wedges with Aioli tonight.
|Roasted Brussels Sprout Wedges with Aioli|| |
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, quartered
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 6 Tbsp GF mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Lemon zest, to taste
- 1-3 tsp lemon juice, to taste
- 1 Tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (or dried)
- Place Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and some lemon zest. Then using your hands, toss everything together to coat evenly.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until golden brown on at least one side.
- To prepare the aioli; mix together mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper and more lemon juice if needed. Warm lightly in the microwave, then serve alongside the hot roasted Brussels sprouts.