How To Peel Ginger
Put down the knife or vegetable peeler, you’ll waste too much of the ginger root. A spoon is what you need!
The thin skin of the ginger root is edible, but you’ll want to remove it for most recipes.
Step by Step Instructions
Selecting – ginger root should be firm and smooth.
Peeling – use the edge of a spoon and gently scrape away the skin. It’s that easy!
Storing – wrap ginger root tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to three weeks.
Here are some delicious ginger recipes to try:
- Sesame Chicken Salad with Ginger & Red Pepper Dressing
- Asian Chicken Salad with Orange Supremes
- Carrot & Ginger Soup
- Jamaican Jerk Prawns with Pineapple Salsa
- Coconut Lime Chicken Soup
- Cilantro Peanut Pesto Pasta