A light decadent dessert. With three layers of cream.
Flourless Hazelnut Cream Cake
- 1 1/2 cups hazelnuts finely ground
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 6 eggs separated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Combine hazelnuts and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg yolks with the sugar until pale yellow in color. Then add in the hazelnut mixture.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Quickly fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the yolk mixture, then add the remaining whites and fold in until no streaks remain.
- Pour into a greased 9" springform, and bake at 325°F for 60 to 75 minutes, or until top of cake springs back when lightly tapped.
- When cake is cool, slice horizontally into 3 layers. Whip cream until stiff peaks form then spread over the layers of the cake, and stack. Continue spreading whipping cream on sides and top of cake.
- Garnish with chopped hazelnuts if desired.