A delicious combination of sweet cherries and a classic rich white cake.
- 3 eggs separated
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk or milk substitute
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 1/2 cups rice flour
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 can GF cherry pie filling
- Mix egg yolks with the margarine and sugar, whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the the milk, cornstarch, rice flour and vanilla and mix together for three minutes.
- Finally add the baking powder and egg whites and blend. Pour into a 9x13 greased baking dish, then dollop spoonfuls of pie filling all over batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.