Quiche style rice dish, filled with bacon, corn, mushrooms, onions, and 3 kinds of cheeses.
|Cheesy Baked Rice with Vegetables|| |
Author: Angie Halten
This dish is wonderful as a side or a meal all on its own.
- 5 cups cooked rice
- 4 large eggs, beaten slightly
- 2 cups GF cottage cheese
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 5 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups GF cheese, grated (try cheddar, or Romano)
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 slices GF bacon, cooked & chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix rice, eggs, cottage cheese, mushrooms, onion, chopped tomatoes, 1 cup of the grated cheese, Parmesan, bacon, and corn.
- Grease a 13"x9" glass casserole and spread mixture evenly in the dish. Place tomato slices over top and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400°F for about 40-50 minutes or until everything is well cooked and the cheese turns slightly golden.