Even I was impressed at how easy this was to make. I didn't think it would turn out as smooth and creamy as the ones you can buy in the store (for a fortune!), but it did!
You do need a food processor to make the almond butter, but other than almonds that's all you need!
Check out the recipe and see how easy it is to make this nutty spread.
|Almond Butter|| |
- 2 cups whole raw almonds*, toasted
- 1 tsp salt
- Toast almonds in a dry pan over med-high heat until skins start to turn brown, about 6 minutes (shake pan often).
- Using a food processor, add all ingredients and process on the highest setting until mixture turns creamy. You shouldn't need to add any water, since the longer the nuts process the more their own natural oils will be released.
- Scrap down sides as needed, should take 5-8 minutes to turn nuts into a smooth mixture.
- Store in fridge for up to 5 days.